David L. Lutz
Personal Injury Attorney in Pennsylvania
David Lutz is an established, experienced personal injury attorney in Pennsylvania. He is highly skilled at handling auto insurance litigation and bad faith claims. Mr. Lutz is a passionate and committed advocate for the injured. He has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America as the 2013 Lawyer of the Year for Harrisburg in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and regularly selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list. Mr. Lutz’s peers have also recently recognized him through selection to the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs. He has been included in each edition since 2006.
Mr. Lutz’s 2014 verdict on behalf of a wife whose husband was killed by a drunk driver totaled $2.5 million in a dram shop case (Estate of Kerlin v. MS & BS, Inc.). This verdict is listed among the Top PA Verdicts and Settlements for 2014. He also holds membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, further statement of his success in and out of the courtroom.
Mr. Lutz served as the past president of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and is a frequent lecturer and authored a number of books on automobile insurance laws over the years. A Pennsylvania native, he truly cares about assisting the clients that walk through our doors.
- University of Dayton School of Law, 1981, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, 1977, B.S.
- Pennsylvania State University, 1978, Masters in Public Administration
- PA Motor Vehicle Insurance – An Analysis of Financial Responsibility Law, PA Trial Lawyers Association
- PA Automobile Litigation: Guidelines and Forms for the Trial Lawyer, PA Trial Lawyers Association
- Editor, Personal Injury Subrogation Handbook, PA Trial Lawyers Association, 2002
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®: 2006 – present
- The Best Lawyers in America – 2013 Lawyer of the Year for Harrisburg in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- The Best Lawyers in America: 2006 – present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Milton D. Rosenburg Award, sponsor PA Trial Lawyers Association (1998)
- George Douglas, Jr. Amicus Curiae Award, sponsor PA Trial Lawyers Association (1997)
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court Western District
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Past President, Author & Lecturer)
- Central PA Trial Lawyers (Past President)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- The Honorable William W. Lipsitt Chapter, American Inn of Court, Master
David H RosenbergView Profile
Matthew P. RosenbergView Profile
Matthew S. CrosbyView Profile
Carolyn AnnerView Profile
Adam G. ReedyView Profile
Andrew C. SpearsView Profile
J. Jeffrey WatsonView Profile
Jordan MarzzaccoView Profile
Jordan WartmanView Profile
Laurie J. DeBarrView Profile
Stephen G. HeldView Profile