David Lutz is an established, experienced personal injury attorney in Pennsylvania. He is highly skilled at handling auto insurance litigation and bad faith claims. Mr. Lutz is a passionate and committed advocate for the injured. He has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America as the 2013 Lawyer of the Year for Harrisburg in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and regularly selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list. Mr. Lutz’s peers have also recently recognized him through selection to the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs. He has been included in each edition since 2006.
Mr. Lutz’s 2014 verdict on behalf of a wife whose husband was killed by a drunk driver totaled $2.5 million in a dram shop case (Estate of Kerlin v. MS & BS, Inc.). This verdict is listed among the Top PA Verdicts and Settlements for 2014. He also holds membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, further statement of his success in and out of the courtroom.
Mr. Lutz served as the past president of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and is a frequent lecturer and authored a number of books on automobile insurance laws over the years. A Pennsylvania native, he truly cares about assisting the clients that walk through our doors.
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court Western District
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Past President, Author & Lecturer)
- Central PA Trial Lawyers (Past President)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- The Honorable William W. Lipsitt Chapter, American Inn of Court, Master
- University of Dayton School of Law, 1981, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, 1977, B.S.
- Pennsylvania State University, 1978, Masters in Public Administration
- PA Motor Vehicle Insurance – An Analysis of Financial Responsibility Law, PA Trial Lawyers Association
- PA Automobile Litigation: Guidelines and Forms for the Trial Lawyer, PA Trial Lawyers Association
- Editor, Personal Injury Subrogation Handbook, PA Trial Lawyers Association, 2002
Life Outside the CourtroomI believe that trial lawyers need to be active. I belong to a number of professional organizations and do some teaching – this helps me keep getting better at what I do. I’m also an avid cyclist, and this hobby allows me to both raise money for crucial charities and keep myself fit.
I was in a car accident, my first, and have a neck injury. I had never been through the complicated process that kicks in after such an event. I was in pain, unsure of what to do. My husband contacted the firm and it was wonderful. Any questions or problems were taken care of. My husband was able to take care of me instead of navigating billing issues and dealing with the insurance companies involved. My settlement was handled quickly and gave me the best settlement available. It made things much easier for us and I would highly recommend HHR.- Betsy R.
I was involved in a peculiar vehicular accident and on top of being injured, was getting the runaround and denial of benefits and coverage from the insurance companies. This forced me to look for representation and I was referred to HHR by another attorney. I was given great care and after only one meeting, I could stop worrying about the mounting medical bills and start focusing on my recovery. The whole staff was knowledgeable and the entire experience with them was great.- Ed L.
I was in a car accident and suffered injuries that required physical therapy.I knew early into it that I would need to seek legal representation.I had never gone through this before so I wasn't sure who to call.I saw advertisements on television for Handler Henning and Rosenberg.I decided to call them.I had many Doctor appointments over the course of a year and did not return to work during that time.What I came to find about this law firm,was that they really did care about my well being.They are kind and compassionate but also aggressive about fighting for your rights.Matthew Rosenberg and Jennifer Carl were an amazing team to have on my side.They gave me so much peace of mind.I am now healthy and back to work.If I would need a law firm in the future,I would not hesitate to call HHR.Thank you for getting me back on my feet again!- Tammie Seiders