Pennsylvania Hospital Rankings Released

Personal Injury Blog

Pennsylvania Hospitals Ranked

Several PA hospitals received an A grade for patient safety, per The Leapfrog Group, an organization that grades hospitals nationwide. The company is well regarded, as it is endorsed by numerous respected medical experts. Their rankings are based upon data from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Medicare, and the American Hospital Association.

Pennsylvania Hospitals Receiving an A Grade:

  • Bryn Mawr Hospital
  • Carlisle Regional Medical Center
  • Chester County Hospital
  • DuBois Regional Medical Center
  • Geisinger Community Medical Center
  • GETTYSBURG HOSPITAL
  • Holy Spirit Hospital
  • Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
  • LANCASTER GENERAL HOSPITAL
  • Lankenau Medical Center
  • Lehigh Valley Hospital
  • Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg
  • Mercy Health System – Mercy Suburban Hospital
  • Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
  • Pinnacle Health at Community General Osteopathic Hospital
  • Pinnacle Health at Harrisburg Hospital
  • Punxsutawney Area Hospital
  • Robert Packer Hospital
  • Roxborough Memorial Hospital
  • Saint Luke’s Hospital – Allentown Campus
  • St. Clair Hospital
  • St. Luke’s University Hospital – Bethlehem Campus
  • UPMC Bedford Memorial
  • UPMC ST MARGARET
  • York Hospital

Pennsylvania Hospitals Receiving a B Grade:

  • Aria Health – Frankford Division
  • Aria Health – Torresdale Division
  • Butler Memorial Hospital
  • Easton Hospital
  • Einstein Medical Center
  • Einstein Medical Center – Elkins Park
  • Elk Regional Health Center
  • Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital
  • Geisinger Medical Center
  • Geisinger Wyoming Valley
  • Grand View Hospital
  • HAHNEMANN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
  • Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center
  • Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical Center
  • Jefferson Regional Medical Center
  • Latrobe Hospital
  • Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
  • Mercy Philadelphia Hospital
  • Millcreek Community Hospital
  • Moses Taylor Hospital
  • Mount Nittany Medical Center
  • Paoli Hospital
  • Pennsylvania Hospital
  • Pocono Medical Center
  • Reading Hospital
  • Riddle Hospital
  • Schuylkill Medical Center East Norwegian Street
  • Sharon Regional Health System
  • Somerset Hospital
  • St. Joseph Regional Health Network
  • St. Luke’s Quakertown Hospital
  • St. Mary Medical Center
  • Temple University Hospital
  • The Good Samaritan Hospital
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
  • UPMC Mercy
  • UPMC PASSAVANT
  • UPMC Presbyterian
  • Washington Hospital
  • Western Pennsylvania Hospital
  • Williamsport Regional Medical Center
  • Windber Medical Center
  • Wyoming Valley Health Care System

While these grades are impressive, there are many others that could be better, in fact, this listing only represents 59% of the total hospitals in Pennsylvania. The other 41% ranked with a C, D, or even an F grade, which is alarming. The fact that nearly half the hospitals in PA receive a grade this low explains the number of Medical Malpractice suits we see at our law firm.

Medical Malpractice in Pennsylvania

When a hospital or a doctor makes a mistake in diagnosis or treatment that results in further injury, they may be the subject of a medical malpractice lawsuit. There are a variety of instances the fit within the constraints of a medical malpractice claim, and Pennsylvania statutes change depending upon the circumstances of each case, so it is really in your best interest to consult an experienced, proven medical malpractice attorney at Handler Henning and Rosenberg.

A Team of Medical Malpractice Attorneys

When you hire Handler Henning and Rosenberg to handle your medical malpractice case, you hire a proven team of legal professionals whose sole priority is winning your case. Our law firm believes in fighting aggressively while providing the best possible service for our injury clients. We cut through the legal jargon to give you the facts you need in order to make an informed decision about your medical malpractice lawsuit. Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars in settlements four our clients, so put our experience to work for you & get the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys work on a contingency, so we only get paid when we win your case, and we offer a confidential FREE Consultation about your case to get started.

Categories: