2013 Car Accident Statistics for Pennsylvania
- Total reported crashes = 124,149
- Total Injuries = 83,039 (15,916 were serious or moderate injuries)
- Total Deaths in PA = 1,208
- Economic loss due to reportable traffic crashes total over $14 Billion, which amounts to $1,099 for every man, woman, and child in Pennsylvania.
Car Crashes Involving Driver Error – 2013 Data
- Speed related crashes = 33,813
- DUI related accidents = 10,084
- Improper turning related = 12,389
- Distracted drivers = 14,372
- Proceeding without clearance = 8,089
- Careless/Illegal passing = 4,125
- Taigating = 5,646
- Drowsy drivers = 2,455
Drive Carefully, Especially During Holidays
When one explores the data a bit further, you find that most car accidents in PA occur around the Thanksgiving Holiday. Also, there is a great number of accidents that happen in December, and not surprisingly, after dark. As a personal injury law firm, our Car Accident attorneys see too many people injured by no fault of their own. Almost every time, the accident may have been avoided by the at-fault driver practicing a bit more care to avoid a dangerous situation.
You Have A PA Car Accident Injury Lawyer On Your Side
After a car accident, you are left with a bevy of questions. What do I do now? How will I get my car fixed? What about my medical bills? Fortunately, you have a valuable resource in a car accident attorney at Handler Henning and Rosenberg. When the insurance company pushes you to sign a release form or a settlement for your losses, stop right there. You can contact an attorney at our firm for a FREE Consultation about your legal options. Make an informed decision by consulting with an accident attorney before you sign anything.