Earlier this month, a comprehensive study about the quantity and nature of industrial accidents and injuries was published in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. The study involved data points from around the country ranging in time periods from 1998 to 2011. Some of the findings in the study revealed:
- About 25,000 people are admitted to the hospital with injuries from an industrial accident each year in the U.S.
- The most common type ofindustrial accident injuries were fractures (48.1%) and then open wounds (25.4%). Poisoning (2.4%) were the least common type of regular injury.
- The parts of the body which are most-injured in industrial accidents are the extremities, accounting for 51.7% of injuries. Head injuries account for 9.1%.
- Males are five times more likely to be injured in an industrial accident than females.
- On average, injuries from industrial accidents resulted in a hospital stay of 4.2 days. The average cost associated with this treatment is $12,849.
- The overall medical costs from industrial accidents total more than $3.7 billion each year in the U.S.
Work-Related Injuries Lead To Monetary and Emotional Costs
While this study may be the first of its kind in terms of how comprehensive and large a timespan it covers, the study also tells us very much what many people already know: Pennsylvania industrial accident injuries are both frequently-occuring and extremely costly. This type of work-related accident can take a serious toll on your physical, emotional, and financial health.
Pennsylvania Injury Lawyers for Industrial Accidents, Work Injuries & Workers’ Compensation
If you or a loved one has been injured in an industrial accident in Harrisburg, Lancaster or York, PA, you should know that you may have a right to receive financial compensation as a result. Call the experienced workers’ compensation attorneys of Handler, Henning & Rosenberg today to learn more about the no-fault system of workers’ compensation in our state.
You can contact the Harrisburg, Lancaster and York, PA workers’ compensation lawyers of Handler, Henning & Rosenberg today. You can also Get a free consultation by filling out the form on this page.