There were 177,316 work-related injuries or illnesses reported to the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) in 2014, which is an increase of more than 65,000 over last year. Workplace fatalities were also up from last year, most of which occurred in Trade, Transportation & Utilities, second most by Construction Injuries.
Injury Breakdown for Trade, Transportation & Utilities
- Total Injuries Reported: 42,496
- Sprains and Strains were the most reported injuries, comprising 42.8% of the total
- 35.8% of all injuries involved the upper extremities, the body part most often affected
- Overexertion leads injury causes with 31.7% of the total
- Allegheny County had the most injured trade, transportation & utility workers in 2014
Injury Breakdown for Construction Industry
- Total Injuries Reported: 10,855
- Sprains and Strains accounted for 36.8% (4,003) of the total injuries, making these the most frequetn types of injuries reported
- 36% of all injuries involved the upper extremities, the body part most often affected
- Once again, overexertion leads injury causes with 24.2% of the total
- Philadelphia County had the most injured construction workers in 2014
Have Questions About Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation? We Can Help
If you were hurt at work or on the job, talk to a Workers' Compensation attorney at our firm today to discuss your rights to filing a Workers' Compensation claim until you can return to work. Workers' Comp claims can pay you for medical bills, and lost wages until you are well enough to do your regular job. If you have suffered a debilitating injury that prevents you from working, we can help with your Social Security Disability benefits as well. If your claim has been denied, we will be glad to talk to you about filing an appeal for benefits to get you the compensation you deserve. Get your Free Consultation today to make an informed decision about your legal rights.
Social Security Disability Lawyers Near You in Pennsylvania
Handler Henning & Rosenberg has offices throughout Pennsylvania to help you with your PA Social Security Disability claim for benefits. If you would like to talk with an attorney, we offer a Free Consultation about your case, either online or in one of our offices. There are time constraints to file your disability claim, so don't delay, contact a Social Security Disability Attorney to get started today.
Workers' Compensation Lawyers Near You in Pennsylvania
Our law office has workers' compensation attorneys throughout Pennsylvania to help you, should you be injured at work or on the job. Use the helpful listing below to find the office nearest you, or if you cannot come to us, we will be glad to visit you at your home or in the hospital to provide you with a Free Consultation about your situation. Get your free consultation to make an informed decision before moving forward.