A Pennsylvania hit-and-run in Lancaster severely injured two pedestrians in a parking lot. The driver was leaving a bar/restaurant when she collided with the two pedestrians. One person required surgery for a hip fracture while the other person injured his leg and sustained a concussion.
Hit and Run Driver Had Been Drinking
The driver of the vehicle left the scene of the Pennsylvania hit-and-run but she was later apprehended by authorities. The driver's BAC was .156 according to reports. The driver has been charged with aggravated assault with a vehicle while driving under the influence and felony hit-and-run. These are criminal charges filed by the state; however, the pedestrians may also have a civil case against a drunk driver.
If you are injured in a Pennsylvania hit-and-run accident, you have the right to pursue the driver in civil court to obtain compensation for your injuries. It is important for you to understand the steps that you should take after a Pennsylvania hit-and-run accident to protect your legal right to a fair and just settlement.
Steps to Take After a Pennsylvania Hit-and-Run Accident
- See a doctor immediately - It is very important that you seek immediate medical attention for your injuries to protect your health. It is also important that you have documentation of your injuries in a Pennsylvania hit-and-run case in order to prove damages.
- Report the accident immediately - Report the accident immediately to police officers and remain at the scene of the accident. Obtain a copy of the written police report.
- Identify eyewitnesses - Obtain the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses to your Pennsylvania hit-and-run accident.
- Take photographs – If possible, take photographs of the accident scene or ask some to take photographs for you. If you were in a motor vehicle at the time of the accident or on a bicycle, photograph that as well.
- Write down what happened - Details are very important; however, memories fade over time. Write all of the details of the accident in a private journal to be shared ONLY with your attorney. Do not share this with anyone, including family and friends. This is for your attorney ONLY.
- Report the accident to your insurance company -Request a statement providing the details of your insurance coverage to give to your attorney.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone - If the insurance adjuster, an attorney, or other party requests a written or recorded statement or requests a signed release, decline to provide the information and contact our office immediately.
- Call the Injury attorneys of Handler Henning & Rosenberg, LLP - You need experienced, skilled attorneys who will fight for your right to receive a fair and just settlement for your injuries. We will not stop until you receive justice for your hit-and-run injuries.
Pennsylvania Injury Attorneys You Can Trust To Protect Your Rights After a Hit & Run
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a Pennsylvania hit-and-run accident, call the Harrisburg car accident attorneys of Handler Henning & Rosenberg, LLP. We help clients in Lancaster, Hanover, York, Carlisle, and Harrisburg who have been injured in a Pennsylvania hit-and-run accident.
Contact our office by calling or by using our online contact form to schedule your no-obligation free consultation.