Every year, thousands of people are injured or killed as a result of back-over car accidents – and sadly, most of these victims are children. If you or someone you love has been injured in a back-over car accident, you have rights. Contact a Pennsylvania car accident attorney from Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLP to discuss your options in a free case review. We are available to take your call 24/7.
Injured? Contact our firm 24/7 to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Common Causes of Back-Over Car Accidents
Approximately 50 children are injured in back-over car accidents every week. Of those children, 48 are treated in hospital emergency rooms. This equates to more than 13,000 injuries and 200 fatalities each year. To make matters worse, a parent or relative is the one driving in about 70% of these accidents.
So why are these accidents so common? Contributing factors often include:
- Drivers failing to realize that there is a blind spot behind their vehicle
- Drivers failing to check their surroundings before getting in the car
- Children failing to recognize the danger of a slow-moving vehicle
- Drivers rushing to back out of their driveway or a parking spot
Ways to Prevent a Back-Over Auto Accident
Here are a few ways that you can help prevent a back-over car accident:
- Always walk around the vehicle before getting in the car
- Install a rearview camera, backup sensors, or additional mirrors
- Hold your child’s hand while walking through a parking lot
- Listen for warning signs by rolling down your window
- Keep your child’s toys away from the driveway or street
- Use extra caution in parking lots during peak hours
If you or your child has been injured in a back-over auto accident, it is important to act quickly. When you contact a Pennsylvania car accident lawyer at Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLP, you can trust that your case is in capable hands. Our firm has been representing injured victims since 1922.