Jeff Watson advocates for clients in workers’ compensation, car accident, and premises liability cases, among other litigation matters. He is proud to stand up for those injured, focusing his practice on achieving great outcomes that result in client satisfaction. In 2018, he became certified as a specialist in the practice of workers' compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Workers' Compensation Law Section as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Jeff graduated from the University of Pittsburgh and earned his J.D. from Widener University School of Law in Harrisburg, PA. He previously lectured and published works on Pennsylvania workers’ compensation law.
Before becoming a part of the team here at Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC, Jeff was a shareholder at a defense firm with 500+ attorneys. His practice there was dedicated to litigation and he was also an integral member of the Harrisburg Workers’ Compensation practice group recognized by U.S. News & World Report. This background makes Jeff extremely familiar with the inner workings of the insurance industry, further equipping him to assist his clients at Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC.
He was a founding partner in Hager & Watson, a Pittsburgh personal injury law firm. Now, Jeff serves as a key team member of Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC, providing dedicated and aggressive counsel to injury victims throughout Pennsylvania.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Beyond the Pestle and Mortar – Breaking Down the Trend Toward Compounded Medications – Claims Management, March 11, 2015
- I Quit! And I Want Comp! – Marshall Dennehey Defense Digest, December 1, 2014
- Shifting Burdens In The Aftermath Of A Disability Pension; No Window Shopping And Surfing For Jobs By Claimant – Marshall Dennehey Defense Digest, June 1, 2009
- Handling the Workers’ Compensation Claim In Pennsylvania – Presenter
- Social Media and Workers’ Compensation Update – Presenter
- PA Workers’ Comp: The Written Job Offer – Presenter
- Interplay Among the PA Workers’ Comp Act, ADA and FMLA – Presenter
- Workers’ Comp and The Employer – Presenter
- PA Workers Compensation Forms – Presenter
- Widener University, J.D., 2003
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., 1998
Life Outside the Courtroom
I live in Harrisburg with my wife and children, where I remain an active member in the community by regularly volunteering my time to help several youth organizations. Some of my most rewarding work has been at the MDA Lock-Up fundraiser to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
I was in a car accident, my first, and have a neck injury. I had never been through the complicated process that kicks in after such an event. I was in pain, unsure of what to do. My husband contacted the firm and it was wonderful. Any questions or problems were taken care of. My husband was able to take care of me instead of navigating billing issues and dealing with the insurance companies involved. My settlement was handled quickly and gave me the best settlement available. It made things much easier for us and I would highly recommend Handler, Henning & Rosenberg.- Betsy R.
I was involved in a peculiar vehicular accident and on top of being injured, was getting the runaround and denial of benefits and coverage from the insurance companies. This forced me to look for representation and I was referred to Handler, Henning & Rosenberg by another attorney. I was given great care and after only one meeting, I could stop worrying about the mounting medical bills and start focusing on my recovery. The whole staff was knowledgeable and the entire experience with them was great.- Ed L.
Jeff, thank you for everything you and your Associates did for me, We would not have known what to do without your help, everything has been running smoothly since settlement. I am now receiving Social Security Disability benefits thanks also to Carolyn and her Associates for their help. I'm also letting you know that unfortunately I do not follow Social Media, but that being said your firm HHR and your Name has been talked about with family, friends, neighbors, and past co-workers. So if I ever hear of anyone needing your assistance, or your Firm I'll make sure they call HHR and ask for Jeffrey Watson. My wife and I cannot express enough how we appreciated your help. Thank you, you and Carolyn both.- Jeff W.