Commonly Asked  Questions

  • General

    • What Is the Difference Between Full Tort and Limited Tort?
      Those who select full tort coverage on their automobile insurance policy retain the right to bring a claim for pain and suffering if they are injured in a motor vehicle crash. Those who select limited tort generally give up the right to bring such a claim. What many consumers don’t realize is how their personal tort selection affects not only their rights, but also the rights of their family members. The tort option you select follows you and every member of your household, both as a driver or as a passenger in your own car or another. Your tort option is with you even when you are walking down the street, but, more importantly, it is with your children everywhere they go. Before you renew your automobile insurance, please examine it carefully. If you have limited tort, we strongly urge you to contact your insurance agent and request a change to full tort, for your sake and that of your family.
    • I’m Receiving Workers’ Compensation Benefits. When Am I Entitled to a Lump Sum Settlement?
      It depends on the facts of your case. Many workers’ compensation cases involve a limited period of disability, which means compensation is paid only during this period, stopping when the claim is closed. However, in some situations where a person is unable to return to their pre-injury occupation due to the permanent effects of the work injury, the injured worker may be entitled to a lump sum settlement, in lieu of receiving ongoing weekly compensation payments. There are pros and cons to a settlement, and there are different types of workers’ compensation settlements. If you are receiving workers’ compensation benefits and have questions regarding a possible settlement of your claim, please do not hesitate to call for a FREE consultation.
    • Can I Sue My Employer / Coworker for Pain and Suffering from a Work Injury?
      No. When an employee is injured on the job, the injured worker is limited to workers’ compensation benefits which provide for the payment of medical bills / income loss if an injured employee is unable to work. Under some limited circumstances, you may be able to sue another party. If you are already receiving benefits and the insurance company is trying to stop or modify your benefits or if you have been denied benefits, contact one of our attorneys who are experienced in handling workers’ compensation cases.
    • Should I Sign Releases and/or Give Statements to the Insurance Adjuster?
      No. You should only give statements to an insurance adjuster or sign Releases for an insurance company after you have spoken with a qualified personal injury trial lawyer. Unfortunately, if you say the wrong thing or give the wrong information to an insurance company that can, and likely will, be used against you in the future.
    • Will I Have to Go to Court?
      If the insurance company agrees to pay you what we believe is a fair settlement, then you will not have to go to court. The majority of cases resolve without going to court; however, some cases cannot be resolved for a fair value and require some formal legal proceeding. Remember, we are experienced personal injury trial lawyers and, if need be, we will pursue your case in court.
    • How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Case?
      Generally speaking, anywhere between one to three years. A personal injury case will not resolve until your medical treatment has concluded and you have recovered completely from your injuries. If you have sustained permanent injuries your case will not resolve until your physicians feel you have reached maximum medical improvement (MMI). Many other factors can also affect the length of time it takes to resolve your case such as (1) what you are willing to settle for, (2) the insurance company involved, and (3) any liability issues.
    • How Much Money Is My Case Worth?
      Your case is ultimately worth what we can negotiate with the insurance company or the amount of the cash award granted by a judge or a jury. We will review your case in detail to arrive at a figure that we believe the insurance company should pay to fairly compensate you for your injuries. This is usually dependent upon the type of injury that you have, the type of treatment that you receive, whether you make a full recovery and what your past and future expenses are. All of these factors are important in valuing a case. Generally, we cannot tell you how much your case is worth until you have finished all of your treatment and you know what the future will hold for you. At Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC, we want to resolve your case for the most money possible.
    • What Kind of Attention Will My Case Get?
      We use a team approach in handling our cases. Our attorneys and case managers will keep you informed as your case progresses and we will answer your questions as they arise. We pride ourselves in being easy to talk to and always being available for our clients.
    • What Do I Have to Pay Your Firm If I Hire You to Represent Me?
      In personal injury matters, we represent people on a contingency fee arrangement. A contingency fee means “no recovery, no fee.” In other words, if we do not obtain a recovery for you there will be no fee charged. Additionally, we will advance expenses to pursue your case and we do not get repaid unless we recover money for you. At our firm, if we handle your personal injury case, you will have no obligation to pay us unless we make a recovery for you. It is as simple as that. The amount of the contingency fee may vary depending on what matter we are representing you for. We will always discuss the fee with you before representation begins. Also, you will sign a Fee Agreement which will outline our arrangement. Remember, we do not get paid unless we obtain a recovery for you.
    • What If I'm Not Sure Whether I Have a Legitimate Case? Do I Pay for an Evaluation?
      No. At Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC, we provide a free consultation. This can be done either by telephone or in person depending on the circumstances. We will review your case at no cost and give you our professional opinion If we decide that there is a case and you wish to pursue it, we will then move forward on a contingency fee basis.

Get Free Advice! Send Us a Message Now.

You Pay Absolutely Nothing Unless We Win Your Case

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy