Pennsylvania Product Liability Attorneys
Protecting Injured Consumers in Carlisle, Hanover, Harrisburg, Lancaster & York
Product liability law protects individuals injured through the use of improperly manufactured or poorly designed products by allowing them to pursue financial compensation. If you have been injured, a Pennsylvania product liability lawyer from Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC can take the time needed to understand your situation and discuss your rights as a consumer. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to diligently recover damages that will compensate you for the injuries and pain that you’ve suffered. Since 1922, our firm has proudly advocated for the rights of our clients.
What Is a Product Liability Claim?
When you purchase a product, you have the legal right to expect the product to perform as intended without causing you harm. Unfortunately, millions of people are injured each year from a variety of products including household appliances, furniture, and vehicles. Other common products include children's toys, prescription drugs, and medical devices. It is estimated that the cost from defective products is approximately $12 billion each year. When a defective product injures you, the law provides a legal remedy in the form of a lawsuit.
What Does Product Liability Law Cover?
Generally speaking, there are three basic kinds of product liability claims:
- Design Defect Claims refer to an unsafe or dangerously designed product.
- Manufacturing Defect Claims concern product malfunctions that stem from a flaw in the manufacturing process.
- Marketing-Related Product Liability Claims cover the failure of a manufacturer or distributor of a product to instruct or warn consumers of the safety practices and less obvious dangers associated with using the product.
Why File a Product Liability Lawsuit?
The law cannot undo the damage caused by a defective product. It can only compensate you with a financial award for your damages. Injury victims are entitled to receive compensation for their damages. Examples of compensation you may be entitled to include:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Past, current, and future lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering
- Scarring, disfigurement, and/or permanent disability
- Funeral, burial, and/or cremation expenses in the event of a death
- Other out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a result of the accident and injuries
In addition to receiving compensation for your injuries, filing a product liability lawsuit can help protect others from suffering the same injury and losses you or a loved one have suffered. A lawsuit may result in the recall of a defective product. The lawsuit also serves as a warning to the responsible party and others that they must exercise care to ensure that a product is safe before it's sold.
What Parties Are Potentially Liable in a Product Liability Action?
Several parties may be responsible and liable for a product liability claim. The responsible party is determined by proving what type of defect caused the injury. Depending on the type of defect, one or more parties may be liable for your injuries including the designer, manufacturer, distributor, and retailer. It is crucial to identify all liable parties in a lawsuit to maximize compensation.
What Should I Do If I Am Injured By a Product?
- Seek medical attention immediately. Your health is the top priority.
- Keep all of the parts, pieces, packaging, and instructions for the defective product.
- Save all documentation related to medical treatment including copies of bills and receipts.
- Take pictures of the product, the accident scene, and your injuries.
- If there was an eyewitness to the accident, obtain his / her name and contact information.
- Keep a record of your lost earnings and wages.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible to protect your legal right to file a product liability claim.
Consult a Product Liability Lawyer Dedicated to Helping the People of Pennsylvania
The use of defective products can result in devastating injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations, and wrongful death. Some injuries may even prevent an individual from being able to support themselves and their families for the rest of their lives. Whatever your situation may be, a product liability attorney from one of our local offices will be able to help.
We have handled everything from Takata airbag claims to Trinity guardrail end terminal lawsuits. Our lawyers have the necessary experience and knowledge in engineering, design and manufacturing of products to obtain a favorable outcome for your claim. If you or someone you love has sustained an injury through the normal use of an unsafe or otherwise defective product, it may be in your best interests to consult the expertise of a product liability lawyer from Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC.
Contact Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC today at (888) 498-3023!