I have been a trial lawyer for 36 years. It is my identity. Simply stated, I love helping people in need and representing them in a jury trial, whenever necessary.
David Lutz is an established personal injury attorney in Pennsylvania. He is highly skilled at handling auto insurance litigation and bad faith claims. Mr. Lutz is a passionate and committed advocate for the injured. He has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America as the 2013 Lawyer of the Year for Harrisburg in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and regularly selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list. In 2019, he was selected to Pennsylvania Top 100 Super Lawyers®. Mr. Lutz’s peers have also recently recognized him through selection to the Best Lawyers for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs. He has been included in each edition since 2006.
Mr. Lutz’s 2014 verdict on behalf of a wife whose husband was killed by a drunk driver totaled $2.5 million in a dram shop case (Estate of Kerlin v. MS & BS, Inc.). This verdict is listed among the Top PA Verdicts and Settlements for 2014. He also holds membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, further statement of his success in and out of the courtroom.
Mr. Lutz served as the past president of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and is a frequent lecturer and authored a number of books on automobile insurance laws over the years. A Pennsylvania native, he truly cares about assisting the clients that walk through our doors.
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
Central Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Dauphin County Bar Association
The Honorable William W. Lipsitt American Inn of Court
- Juris Doctor University of Dayton School of Law Dayton, OH 1981
- Bachelor of Science Pennsylvania State University State College, PA 1977
- Masters in Public Administration Pennsylvania State University State College, PA 1978
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court Western District
- PA Motor Vehicle Insurance – An Analysis of Financial Responsibility Law, PA Trial Lawyers Association
- PA Automobile Litigation: Guidelines and Forms for the Trial Lawyer, PA Trial Lawyers Association
- Editor, Personal Injury Subrogation Handbook, PA Trial Lawyers Association (2002)
I would not have been able to get through this without their help.- Matt E.
My settlement was handled quickly and gave me the best settlement available.- Betsy R.