Handler, Henning & Rosenberg LLC is one of the premier workers’ comp firms in the state. In fact, since 2018, one of our attorneys—J. Jeffrey Watson—has been certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Law Section as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
But why should you need an attorney for a pretty straightforward claims process? Well, unfortunately, the process isn’t as straightforward as you might think. Still, when it comes to an injury on the job, it’s important to know your next steps.
Let’s break down the process:
- Report your injury: You have 21 days to let your employer know you’ve been injured.
- Employer reports your injury: If you’re out for more than a day or shift, your employer reports your injury to the Bureau of Workers' Compensation within a week.
- Awaiting response: Within 21 days of your employer’s report, you’ll either have your claim denied, receive temporary benefits, or start getting full benefits.
- Receiving benefits: If your claim is approved, you’ll receive workers' comp benefits until you can return to work. In case of permanent disability, it’s time to apply for SSDI benefits.
- Denial and Appeal: If your claim is denied, you should hire a workers' comp attorney to appeal the decision. You’ll have three years to file an appeal, but you should get started as soon as possible.
- Hearing: Your appeal goes to a workers' comp judge in your county, and a hearing is scheduled.
- Decision: After hearing from both parties, the judge may put your claim to mediation or make a ruling. Once the decision is made, it’s distributed in writing to all parties. If it’s not in your favor, you and your attorney can appeal further up the court system.
Your Ace in the Hole: Why a Workers' Comp Attorney is Crucial
Navigating workers' comp can be challenging. That’s why it’s important to have a workers' comp attorney on your side. They bring:
- Expertise: A seasoned knowledge of workers' comp law.
- Familiarity with the system: Experience dealing with workers' comp judges and crafting compelling arguments.
- Persistence: The readiness to appeal and fight for your rights until all options are exhausted.
Why HHR Is Your Go-To Firm for Workers’ Comp
We’re not just legal advisors—we’re your advocates. With our expertise and dedication, we can navigate the complex terrain of workers' comp and fight for what you deserve. We don’t give up until you get what you need or we’ve exhausted all your legal options.
So, if you’ve been injured on the job, remember: you’re not alone. Reach out to us. We’re here for you.
Call (888) 498-3023 or contact us online for help with your workers’ comp claim.