Carlisle Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Millions Recovered for Injury Victims in Pennsylvania Since 1922
Nursing homes should be places where elderly individuals are protected, cared for, and treated with kindness and respect. While this is often the case, unfortunately, it is not true across the board. There are elderly care facility staff members who abuse patients; others may endanger their patients through negligence. Our team at Handler Henning & Rosenberg LLC stands up for injury victims and can provide the advocacy you and your family need at this time. If you are concerned about your loved one, don't wait to take action.
Statistics About Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
Studies suggest that, across the U.S., 150,000 seniors are victims of nursing home or assisted living facility abuse every year. That equals almost 10% of all nursing home residents. No one wants to think about the possibility of elder abuse—it is a dark, frightening thought. Unfortunately, it is a reality you could be confronted with if someone you love becomes a victim of elder abuse.
Know the Signs of Abuse & Negligence
Do you have an elderly friend or loved one in an assisted living facility? Knowing the signs of possible abuse can help you protect him / her from a dangerous situation. Signs of potential negligence or abuse to watch for include:
- Malnutrition / dehydration
- Torn or bloody clothing
- Restraint marks
- Unexplained bruises, cuts, bone fractures, or other signs of physical trauma
- Sudden changes to the patient’s will or major financial decisions
- Changes in behavior including fearfulness, anger, withdrawal, and anxiety
- Fear or withdrawal around a specific staff member
- Signs of being drugged or overly medicated
Contact Handler Henning & Rosenberg LLC for a Free Consultation: (888) 498-3023
Request a free consultation with a Carlisle personal injury attorney from our team at Handler Henning & Rosenberg LLC. You should seek the assistance and advice of a personal injury lawyer in Carlisle who can answer your questions and represent you with aggressive advocacy during this time. Call us at (888) 498-3023 today to learn about our no-fee guarantee.
- Feds Release New Tougher Nursing Home Standards—Ratings Drop
- Nursing Home Industry in Need of Serious Change
- Are Bed Sores a Sign of Nursing Home Abuse?
- Pennsylvania's Nursing Homes Fail Miserably
- Benefits of Choosing a Nursing Home Over an Assisted Living Facility
- Concerns Regarding Nursing Home Privacy for Patients