Pennsylvania Head Injury Lawyers
Fighting for Accident Survivors with Lifelong Injuries in Carlisle, Hanover, Harrisburg, Lancaster & York.
Head injuries are some of the most dangerous afflictions someone can experience. When a personal injury causes damage to the brain, the repercussions may last for a person’s entire life. Head injuries often require an extensive recovery process and they burden victims with medical debt. Those who cause head injuries must be held accountable for their actions. At Handler, Henning & Rosenberg, our head injury lawyers have helped our neighbors secure compensation since 1922. We take pride in helping clients win victories against negligent employers, dangerous drivers, and other parties that cause harm to others.
When you hire HHR, you receive the following benefits:
- 24/7 support from our attorneys
- More than 100 years of combined experience
- A team that has won tens of millions of dollars for clients
- A law firm that has practiced since 1922
Call (888) 498-3023. Reviewing your case with a member of our legal team is free of charge!
Head Injury Causes & Symptoms
Head injuries happen in many ways and have a variety of different symptoms. However, all head injuries have something in common: they are serious and must be properly treated. Those that cause these serious injuries must provide compensation for their actions.
Head injuries are often caused by:
Symptoms of head injuries vary from moderate to severe. However, if you suspect you’ve suffered a head injury, it is imperative that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some head injuries do not always show immediate symptoms and lurk undetected until it is too late to file a claim. Additionally, when a head injury is suspected, it is important to have a clear and concise medical record when seeking damages from the party responsible for the injury.
Those who experience head injuries show the following symptoms:
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of memory
- Loss of muscle control
- Irregular eye movements
As mentioned above, head injuries are serious. If you have experienced trauma to the head, you should visit a medical professional as soon as possible. Remember, it is not possible to completely understand the severity of a head injury solely with initial observable symptoms.
Types of Head Injuries
Head injuries usually result in serious problems that require intensive recovery for those that suffer from them.
Types of head injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Concussion: An injury when the impact from head trauma is significant enough to cause injury to the brain. Symptoms from concussions are usually temporary but cause permanent damage if repeated.
- Hematoma: An injury that causes a collection of blood outside of blood vessels. This injury is dangerous as it places pressure on the brain, leading to permanent damage.
- Hemorrhage: This is bleeding that results from a head injury inside the brain or the area around your brain. Just as with hematomas, this injury also causes pressure on the brain.
- Edema: This describes swelling in or around the brain. As our skulls are rigid, they are unable to accommodate the stretching of the brain during swelling. When an injury causes the brain to swell, pressure builds.
- Fractures: If a fracture occurs to the skull, it is a sign of serious injury as the bone that makes up the skull is strong. Skull fragments can also cause damage to the brain.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries: Known as the silent killers of brain injuries, diffuse axonal injuries do not cause bleeding in the brain. Instead, they cause damage to brain cells and, as a result, are not immediately noticeable.
Contact HHR to Start Recovery Today. Call (888) 498-3023 for a Free Case Review.
Whether you have obtained your head injury during a car accident, work accident, or any other type of incident, someone else's negligence is likely the source of your suffering. There is no reason to deal with the recovery process along with the burden of financial struggle. If you have experienced a serious head injury, call Handler, Henning & Rosenberg today at (888) 498-3023. When you call, a member of the HHR team will review your options with you and give you the next steps toward your recovery!
Call (888) 498-3023 and get a century of legal experience on your side.